Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Weighing Scale With Too Much Weight?


Not in pounds or kilograms, mind you, but in functions. My two year old digital weighing scale which measured body fat percentage and hydration level went on the fritz a couple of weeks ago so I had to find a replacement. I mentioned this in a recent post about running to the Target store to look for one. I later settled for the one they had at Walmart. This new scale which is the same brand as the old one has more features. Aside from the aforementioned body fat percentage and hydration level, it also includes measurements for body mass index (BMI), bone mass, and how much weight you lost from your initial measurement. Heck, why don’t you throw in the date and time in there too while you’re at it? Believe me, they are all in there. If it had GPS and a timer and if I could wear it around my wrist, I might have taken it out for a run or a bike ride so I can monitor minute to minute all those measurements. It can even track data for as much as four people. Uh… did I tell you I live by myself? Do I have to develop multiple personality disorder so I can avail of all the functions of this multi-fangled weighing scale? If there is something like too much information, I believe this device has it. It took me a few days to figure out what all the numbers were on the display. On a side note, while looking for similar products online, I found one with ‘The Biggest Loser‘ brand name (a TV show in the U.S.). I don’t think that’s the same kind of scale they use on the show though. 

Public comments below, private comments: E-mail Me!
Back to Main Page: http://noeldlp.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks... your blog is very helpful and appreciable.A weighing scale is used to measure weight or mass of an object. This equipment is used to maintain the health and fitness. Healthgenie is an online shopping store and it provides wide ranges of personal care, elderly care, baby care, beauty, nutrition, diabetes, wellness and homecare. This article mainly deals about the utility of Weighing Scale.

Statcounter