Friday, August 12, 2011

Retitling This Blog and Other Changes



Well, I’ve retitled this blog to aboutlifeandrunning.blogspot.com on 7/26/11. Why? Because when I started doing this, I didn’t know any better so I just used my first name and last initials. I wanted to use lifeandrunning.blogspot.com but that was already taken by someone who hasn’t updated it since 2008.  I also updated the About Me section to briefly reflect what has been happening in the recent past. Although it appears like the people who follow this blog is still on the main page, I think they are being sent to the old webpage name. If you are one of them and I’m mistaken, please let me know. If not, I hope you find me again. I noticed that I also have to restore my blog list or the list of bloggers I follow because they disappeared from my main page. Sorry for the changes.
Another thing I updated is the background because I finally found one on blogger.com that had a running theme. I also removed the infolinks ads. If I found them irritating when they pop-up in other websites I visit, I’m pretty sure you feel the same way. In spite of that, I earned about $10.00 from those links, but which I will not be able to collect because their minimum payout is $25.00. Oh well, that’s life. This is more of a journal for me than something to earn money from. Also gone are the amazon.com ads because when California started mandating sales tax to be collected for internet purchases, Amazon discontinued payouts to residents here. Anyway, I don’t think I have any earnings from the Amazon ads. I’m trying a new contextual ad site called Affinityclick. The type of ads that will appear will depend on what I write about. So far none of their ads have appeared on this page yet.
If at all you find anything interesting, please feel free to share it on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, or whatever else social networking site you are a member of. Thanks in advance.
In the past three years of blogging, most of the hits I get are from topics regarding Virgin Mobile and Starbucks. I haven’t quite figured out yet the right labels or tags to use that can get the most hits. Unfortunately, it appears that with the name change, I’ve lost traffic from readers. It has become lost in the blogosphere and may take awhile before I get the number of hits I used to get, which is by the way, not much, LOL! Although I lament this loss of readership, I believe in the long run, the new title better reflects what I write about. If you are new here, I hope you have the chance to check out the archives and perhaps find something that suits your fancy. It has more than 400 posts.
Well, that’s all there is to it. I’ll keep writing about running as long as my body and all its ailments will allow me to run. The rest will be about daily experiences that I feel are out of the ordinary for me. If you’ve made it by reading this far, thanks again and have a wonderful day!


Public comments below, private comments: E-mail Me!

No comments:

Statcounter