Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Random Thoughts For Early 2012


Last week, while waiting for the last few minutes to tick by before we could clock out from work, one of the nurses challenged anybody to do a wall squat for one minute. He said he would give $100 to the person who could do it. I accepted the challenge and positioned my back against the wall then lowered myself down. The nurse wanted me to go lower so I obliged him. I checked my watch and watched the seconds go by. When I hit one minute, I stayed down until I reached two minutes and 15 seconds before standing up. I told the nurse to ''show me the money!''. I didn't really expect him to pay me but it would be good to rib him about it in the next few months. I bet he didn't expect a skinny looking older man to be able to meet his challenge. All that stationary cycling must have strengthened my quads. Frankly, I wasn't sure if I could last a whole minute because it's an exercise that I never do. It was purely mind over matter, I guess.  


I was checking my cupboards last week for expiration dates of canned goods, then moved the canned jalapeno peppers to a separate shelf. I was surprised to see that by buying a few here and there when there was a sale, I had already accumulated 18 cans of peppers! Seriously, how many cans of peppers do I really need?! Time to stop buying them for a few months.
Well, on one of my days off last week, I was able to do my federal and state taxes using Taxactonline.com's software which I have been using the last three years. Within about 30 minutes of e-filing, I received email notification that both federal and state returns were approved. Now, that was fast! 




What are the chances of getting a George Washington and Susan B. Anthony dollar coin as change in the same transaction? That's exactly what happened at 99 cent store last week. All that was missing was a Sacajawea dollar. 




Upon further review, I can now claim that I have watched all the best picture nominees for the Oscar's other than Hugo. This is the list of what I've watched: The Artist, The Descendants, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, The Help, Midnight in Paris, Moneyball, The Tree of Life, and War Horse. Looks like I have nothing else to do on my days off except watch movies. Well that, taxes, and counting cans of peppers.

On a final note, I thought I lost my keys at work Monday night. It turns out I lost my marbles temporarily instead. Misplacing keys = forgetfulness, not knowing the keys existed in the first place = Alzheimer’s disease.

Public comments below, private comments: E-mail Me!

No comments:

Statcounter