Tuesday, February 17, 2009

About rain and running, or not

I was planning on going out to run today but when I woke up this morning it was raining again as is has been in the past few days. My last run was on Saturday morning so I was itching to hit the roads. Alas is was not to be. So I just suited up to do my indoor exercises: stairstepper and stationary bike. In the middle of my stairstepper interval, the rain stopped and the sun came out, so I had to decide whether to continue indoors or stop and get dressed up in warm running clothes, stretch, and step out the door to the wet and slick streets. Well, with my bad right ankle, my balance isn't exactly very good these days. Remember my fall in the bathtub a few weeks ago? So I decided to continue with the indoor workout and live to run another day. I managed to do 1 minute hard / 1 minute easy intervals for 25 minutes each on the stairstepper and recumbent bike. I'm hoping tomorrow will be a better day for running. Time it was when neither a little rain or even a typhoon would keep me from running. I remember a few years ago when I ran for 8 straight days on the treadmill because of the winter storms. Not anymore. I have to make my ankle recover at least a day before I can pound the pavement again. If that is all my ankle would allow me to do, so be it.

No comments:

Statcounter