Friday, February 20, 2009

Q & A


What type of injury do you have?

PTTD

What does that stand for?

Posterior Tibialis Tendon Disorder

How do you describe it?

It is when the tendon in the inner ankle over-stretches and can no longer support the Achilles tendon thereby flattening the foot excessively, thereby causing the foot to overpronate or roll inwards.

Does it hurt?

Very much, whether I'm running or not.

If it hurts so much, why do you still run?

Because I love to run more than it hurts, although I am not able to go long distances any more.

Are you nuts?

Very much so. Why else would I endure so much pain if I wasn't?

Maybe you are just a masochist?

Hmm...never thought about it that way.


Postscript: Please read this article about firefighter Matt Long in Runnersworld.com, its very touching and inspiring:

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-243-297--13053-0,00.html


No comments:

Statcounter