Saturday, February 7, 2009

Listen to the pouring rain

We are finally getting some substantial rain in our area. There has been a drought in the past couple of years so much so that people have been encouraged to conserve water. I have been contributing my share of conserving water by taking shorter showers, turning off the faucet while brushing my teeth and not flushing the toilet after only one pee among other things. Hopefully the three storms passing through here would help alleviate the problem a little bit. Of course the downside is that I can't go out and run outside so I may be confined to using the stationary bike for a few days. The upside is that my right ankle which has been hurting a bit the past few days could use some relief from the pounding it gets from running. I used to have a treadmill until the motor finally gave out last year so that leaves out running indoors. Well thats it for the next few days: stationary biking and WII sports for activities unless you consider watching the rain fall an activity.

An addendum to my own post @ 11 A.M. I ended up doing 20 minutes each on the Stairstepper, Upright bike, and Recumbent bike for a total of one hour. Plus one hour of vigorous WII Tennis. Won 2 matches and lost 2 matches. I am now playing at the 1500 level against opponents in the 1900 to 2000 level. As I mentioned in a previous post, professional level starts at 1000. Hey, I even put my tennis shoes on this time. Normally I play with just flip-flops on my feet.

1 comment:

Nancy Deprez said...

Thanks for the comment Noel!

Sorry to hear about the rain in LA but you are right that we need it!

Statcounter