Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Concussion of Two Months Ago

It's kinda scary to think what could have happened to me after falling in the bathtub and hitting my head a couple of months ago. See blog entries:

http://noeldlp.blogspot.com/2009/01/first-post-for-2009-my-old-web-page.html and

http://noeldlp.blogspot.com/2009/01/day-after.html .

With the current news of actress Natasha Richardson passing away due to a what seemed to be a minor head injury from a skiing fall, I realize now that one cannot minimize even what one would consider a mild concussion like I did after my fall. Because you cannot see an internal hemorrhage, even if you are not in much pain, you can never really be sure how bad it is until you get medically cleared. If you have read the news, Ms. Richardson initially refused treatment and when symptoms got worst later, it was too late when she got rushed to a hospital. So I just want to thank my lucky stars that I survived that fall and am still around to write about it.

2 comments:

Nancy Deprez said...

I'm glad you were okay too! Yes, the story about Natasha Richardson was very scary!!!

Noel DLP said...

Wow, I just noticed my typo today while scrolling down this page. Sorry folks.

Statcounter