Monday, March 16, 2009

Facebook Picture

Late last year when I started looking for former high school classmates, I signed up with Facebook. The second thing I did after completing my personal information was to upload some pictures. I decided I would try to find pictures from the time I started college, left the Philippines with my Philippine passport, obtained my U.S. passport, and a few other photos which showed me through the past 3 decades. The purpose was that I hoped my former classmates would recognize me. I titled that group of pictures: “The Evolution of Me”. I found my old and new passports pretty easily and some others from the 80’s and 90’s, but to my consternation, I couldn’t find my old university I.D. I knew it was somewhere in my home but despite all of my efforts in looking for it, I could not find it, so I finally gave up. I thought maybe I had disposed of it accidentally during one of my closet emptying forays. I was truly disappointed that I wasn’t able to include it in The Evolution of Me album. Jump ahead a few months later… Has this ever happened to you? Its when you are looking for something else then you suddenly find something you are not looking for now but was frantically doing so months ago? Well, I found my university I.D. under some computer accessories in a filing cabinet. I don’t even remember putting it there. After having scanned and uploaded it to Facebook, the album: The Evolution of Me, finally feels complete. This was me circa 1975:

2 comments:

Nancy Deprez said...

Wow, neat picture from the 70s!

That's cool that you put older pics in your facebook. I haven't done that, but that's quite a good idea!

Noel DLP said...

Thanks Nancy, I should have titled it: from baby face to wrinkly face :)

Statcounter