Friday, September 17, 2010

Weirdness @ Work +Unlucky DVD’s

Did I tell you about what happened to me at work a couple of weeks ago? I was monitoring the hallway and at about 3 a.m. a female patient came out of her room, exposed her breasts and started to approach me. So what did I do in this situation? I pulled out my camera phone and started taking pictures! Well, no not really. All I can say to her was “please do not do that in the hallway”. The camera phone would have made a better story though. That’s the reason why we don’t allow cell phones on the unit, because there is a potential for violating the privacy of patients. You didn’t think I was going to put up a picture at the start of this post, did you?
I’ve been unlucky buying blank DVD discs lately. Two weeks in a row already, I bought and returned two different brands of discs from the same office supplies store. They were on sale for 17.99 per pack of 100 which is a pretty good deal. But, when I try to burn data on them, the process stops midway and the software alerts me that there are errors on the disc. I’m beginning to question whether the discs are old stock which have been in the warehouse too long and may have been exposed to heat. They are probably being sold at that price so the store can move the old inventory.
For the third week in a row, there is another sale at the store with a different brand name which I have successfully used before. I’m going to buy a pack and hope it works this time. If it doesn’t, then I don’t know what brand to buy any more that would work with my computer. Aren’t all those discs supposed to work in any computer?
 Update: The latest blank DVD discs that I bought worked well. I used two different programs in one computer and burned another disc in a different computer. It’s surprising that some recommendations on the internet tell you to buy one kind of brand over another and the brand that has worked well so far for me is not on the recommended list. You mean not everything you read on the internet is true?

Public comments below, private comments: E-mail Me!
Back to Main Page: http://noeldlp.blogspot.com

No comments:

Statcounter