Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Free Laundry


          I don’t usually do my laundry on Tuesdays but I had some time to kill on the 24th of May, so I decided to do it that day. When I got to the community laundry room, I noticed that all the washing machines didn’t have the usual digital messages on them. They usually show the prices for regular wash and extra wash. On this day, there were no prices, just options for  regular or extra. So I pressed the button for colors and the water started coming out. Wow! I thought I hit the jackpot! Free wash for that day. I was only going to put in one load but I went back to my place and took whatever I thought I needed to wash from my closet and ended up with three loads of laundry.  I wanted to share the good news with my neighbors but there weren’t any around in the middle of the day. Everyone must have been at work or school. So I did the next best thing - I posted the news of my good luck on Facebook.
After the washing machine finished doing its job, I noticed that they returned to the usual digital messages, meaning the free wash was good for one cycle only. I surmised that the company that owns the machines may have done some maintenance that day and after collecting all the accumulated coins, the machines probably resets to the free wash cycle. From this time on, I’ll be watching out for them every Tuesday. My laundry basket has never been as heavy as it was on this day. Too bad the dryer wasn’t free too.
So there it is - another episode in my mundane life where even just the free use of a washing machine gave me so much satisfaction that I had to blog about it. :D


Public comments below, private comments: E-mail Me!
Back to Main Page: http://noeldlp.blogspot.com

No comments:

Statcounter