Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Curtailing Running

The hard and long workouts I have been doing the past few weeks has finally caught up with me. I have been doing road intervals (running hard for a few minutes then jogging slowly to recover, repeat a few times), and long run/walk workouts as I mentioned in previous blog entries. It felt so good to be able to run hard and long and be able to push the pace sometimes. One day I averaged below 9 minutes per mile which I haven't done since last summer. I've even done a couple of two days in a row of running. I don't seem to learn my lesson because in the recent past, when I run on back to back days, my joints don't recover very well. This week even my good left ankle started to hurt. That led me to the decision that I should curtail my distance, time and pace so I don't injure myself further. It's better to be able run slow and short than not be able to run at all. Remember, I can't Zen the pain away anymore.

No comments:

Statcounter