Thursday, April 30, 2009

That Loving Feeling

“You've lost that loving feeling” , so goes the song by the Righteous Brothers. That is how I have been feeling the last few weeks about my running due to certain aches and pains to my lower extremities. After having worked the last two nights with hardly a break, I expected today's run to be another slog in the neighborhood streets. I started out pretty slowly but after about 15 minutes I felt a good bounce to my stride and the pace speeded up subconsciously. My plan was to run for only 30 minutes but I ended up finishing 38 minutes with the last 23 minutes in an unintended tempo/race effort. I just love it when I experience this kind of run and the natural high that I feel while I'm doing it. Just a short run but very satisfying. I'm happy to say that the loving feeling is not “gone, gone, gone”.

2 comments:

Nancy Deprez said...

Great that you experienced that runner's high. It's nice when it is a surprise too!

Noel DLP said...

Nancy,it was one of those "damn,that felt good!" moments.

Statcounter