Thursday, April 9, 2009

Oil and Filter and Poop

I went to have the oil and filter changed on my car today and was planning on running while the service was being done. Normally you would fill out your information on a duplicate form then the serviceperson would write up the work order then depending on how many customers were ahead of you, your car would be lined up behind others until everyone else is serviced and its your turn. I was planning on having this waiting time to do my run and hopefully by the time I was done, the oil and filter change would be finished. Well it seem like this service station or the corporation that runs it had a new technique. I spent approximately 40 minutes of waiting around before a serviceperson addressed me to find out what service I needed. That was 40 minutes I could have spent doing my workout instead of stewing and raising my blood pressure while waiting around doing nothing. The service person never said anything except “I will be with you in a few minutes”. Apparently if your car has been serviced there previously, then they already had a record of it, which mine did. So that eliminated the filling out of paperwork. After getting the work order the serviceperson said my car should be ready in about 5 minutes. I told him I was not going to wait and was going out for a run. It seems that this new marketing technique would make it appear that the waiting time between write up and finishing the service is shortened. What they probably didn't consider was the waiting time beforehand. So I go for my run which I now badly needed to de-stress myself. I was still stewing about the long waiting time and was already having a bad day because of it. To make things worst, after I finished running and was walking back to the service station, I felt something drop on my forearm. A bird had just pooped on me! What else can go wrong with this day?! I took some leaves from a nearby plant and wiped the poop off my arm, paid for the oil and filter change, picked up the car and went home to take a shower. I'm now currently trying to decompress from a stressful morning. Hopefully the rest of the day will better. I am considering calling or emailing the company to complain about this new service technique.

No comments:

Statcounter