Thursday, September 17, 2009

Care For Breast of Chicken California or Fresh Pasta Primavera?

Sounds yummy, huh? Well…

A quick entry about the place where I work. In the mail yesterday, 9/16/09, I received an invitation from work. This is what was on the invitation: (insert name of hospital here) requests your presence at the bi-annual Service Awards Luncheon in honor of employees with milestones of dedication to (insert name of hospital here). Thursday September 24, 2009, From 11:00 am – 3:00 pm at the Virginia Country Club. Please return response card to Human Resources by September 16, 2009.

Ok, sounds just like a regular invitation to a work function to show appreciation to employees about their years of service. What struck me were the dates. I checked the postmark on the envelope and it said September 15, 2009, I received the invitation in the mail on the afternoon of September 16, and they want the RSVP back by the same date. Today is September 17. I didn’t even notice the dates until today when I finally had the time to look at the invitation closely.

Hmmn?! Either they are trying to be amusing, or someone just failed to mail the invitations early, or they don’t really want us to attend the shindig. Not that I was planning to go, but I didn’t even get a chance to say no to the RSVP. I wonder if the rest of the employees are experiencing the same thing. If so, none of them will be partaking of the breast of chicken California or the fresh pasta primavera. Lesser expenses for the hospital.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Noel, about the baby almost named Lucifer or Damien...A social worker told me how another couple wanted to name their kid Latrine because they thought it sounded nice. She talked them out of it eventually.

Noel DLP said...

Linda, Latrine does sound good if only it didn't mean the "John". I know a nurse named Eutrice which sounds like a female body part. I hope she doesn't read my blog.

Statcounter