Friday, September 25, 2009

Having an LOL Day


I’m having such a good day today even though I haven’t done anything extraordinary.

I was watching the movie “ My Life in Ruins” at lunch time, which was worth a few laughs even though it was panned by critics when it came out in the theaters. I thought Richard Dreyfuss stole the show.

My running friend Sophie posted the Paris Marathon website on Facebook and queried if she should run it in April, but had to make a decision by Wednesday. I asked why she needed to decide by Wednesday but she misunderstood my question. I wanted to know if there was a deadline to sign up for it. By the time she read my question, others were already giving her encouragement to sign up, so she took my question to be an encouragement as well. I was laughing out loud when she said she was indeed going to sign up right away because her friends told her to go for it. More power to you Sophie! Then she asked if I wanted to run the Paris Marathon and that gave me an even bigger laugh. First, I don’t travel well anymore, and second, I read awhile ago that the cobblestones of Paris are hell on ones ankles. Well, knowing the condition of my ankles, the thought of running through cobblestones just made me laugh heartily at myself. My ankles would have been DOA.

Then I read a couple of news items, one was an LOL story from Sweden about a truck driver who couldn’t help but help himself, and the other from California about a very lucky woman which gave me a huge smile. Here, you can read it yourselves: http://www.thelocal.se/22272/20090924/ and http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/2009/09/25/20090925gan-multicar-ON.html.

The thought of all of those kept me laughing on my way to the bank and grocery store this afternoon. I’m still having residual effects from it as I finish writing this J. I could use more days like this. Thank you and keep LOL’ling!

No comments:

Statcounter