Thursday, September 10, 2009

When Nothing Went As Planned

Here is what was supposed to have happened today:

Wake up, then go to the grocery store early to buy some fish that were on sale. That was supposed to be my warm-up for the run I planned to do from home to the dentist’s office where I was going to have the stitches removed from my gums, then walk about a block to the downtown Long Beach Transit Mall to take the bus back home. The run was supposed to start at 8 A.M. so I could get to the dentist by the time they opened at 9 A.M.

This is what happened instead:

I woke up, puttered around, looked for a wireless keyboard and mouse on the internet and in last Sunday’s ads for my Uncle and Aunt (yesterday, I helped them set up their wireless network at home with some assistance from Raj, the tech support person from a call center in India). By the time I finished emailing the links of the ads to my Uncle, it was already 8 A.M. and I didn’t feel so adventuresome about riding the bus back home anymore. So I do my 6 mile run around the neighborhood and by the time I got back home I had another idea of looking for extension cords for my Uncle’s keyboard and mouse instead, which might save them some money. The reason why they needed either a wireless keyboard and mouse or extension cords is because when we moved the desktop computer to a new desk downstairs, the cords weren’t long enough to reach between where the CPU was sitting and the top of the desk. I found the extension cord, emailed the link to my Uncle, then called him to check his email. I had to do that because despite having an internet connection for years and a new computer, they hardly ever check their email or surf the web so much so that they forget how to use it (sorry Uncle and Auntie, I just couldn’t help it J). After having done that, I finally drove to the dentist at 10 A.M. , the time I anticipated I would have been riding the bus back home.

As of this writing, I haven’t even bought the fish yet. Maybe after I finish watching this movie…

Oh well, some things just don’t go as planned.

No comments:

Statcounter