Monday, June 15, 2009

2009 NBA Champions

After the Los Angeles Lakers had that 16-0 run in the second quarter last night, it felt almost anticlimactic the rest of the game. No heroics, no dramatic ending, but just waiting to see by how many points the Lakers would win by.
I don't usually follow basketball during its regular season and I don't even like watching the playoffs because I get too tense and nervous watching whatever team I'm rooting for. During last Thursday's fourth game I would only check on the game every few minutes until the last minute of regulation time and the whole five minutes of overtime. Now that was dramatic and heroic.
While this topic is not my area of expertise, I think the game was won because the Lakers played better defense and even though Kobe Bryant won the MVP prize last night, it was a whole team effort on their part that they were successful the entire season.
I was actually able to watch the whole game last night even though I had to distract myself from time to time so I wouldn't get too excited and tense. In the end, one game of being nervous was well worth it. Go Lakers! Now lets go for a two-peat!

No comments:

Statcounter