Friday, June 5, 2009

The Passing of a Friend

I received sad news yesterday that one of my former college classmates passed away due to colon cancer. He had been living in Canada with his family in the past few years after having moved from France. Jay was a varsity swimmer and body builder in college. After graduating from college with a degree in physical education, we both worked as fitness trainers in the same gym in the Philippines. The lady who informed me of my classmate's passing was also a trainer in the same gym and a very close friend of ours who now lives in Germany. We were a very tight group of two female and two male trainers. I haven't seen or talked to my classmate since 1980 and I would only hear news about him through the years from our mutual friend from Germany. He went from being a fitness trainer to running a restaurant with his wife in the Philippines and in Paris before moving to Canada. A few months before Jay died, his pastor recorded his testimony and uploaded it to Youtube. Here is the link to that video and it comes in two parts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBp7W8hUK8Q

Jay, you have lived a full life, accepted what life has given you, and you will be missed. God bless.

2 comments:

Nancy Deprez said...

Wow, Noel, I didn't even read this before posting my story. I can imagine that you might have felt what I felt upon hearing about the passing of a friend. Strangely, both cases were from cancer. Is cancer making a huge come-back and claiming more lives?? It kind of feels like it.

Sorry about your friend. I like your last statement to him - he lived a full life and that is truly important.

Noel DLP said...

Hi Youtube testimony was very touching.

Statcounter