Thursday, July 2, 2009

Being Chased

About 10 minutes into my run today I could feel somebody running fast coming up behind me, so I moved aside to let him pass. I couldn’t hear him until he got close because I had my MP3 player on (mostly I listen to the radio because I like the talking part in addition to the music, a carryover from the Sony Walkman radio days). So it was only when he was almost on top of me when I heard him call out “Sir, sir, excuse me please”. So I stopped to find out what he wanted. He said he had to run really hard to catch up with me so he could give me a flyer. It had information about the Viking Challenge Series runs in Long Beach City College. I told the kid I already had that information because somebody from the AREC running club had emailed it to us a few days ago. So I declined the flyer because I didn’t want to carry it while running, then merrily continued on my run. It’s not often that someone tries to chase me down during my mid-week runs so that surprised me. One of the perils of using an MP3 player while running.

After several months of not doing any road intervals, I was finally able to do one today. Four sets of the 3/2/1 minute pickups. I don’t know how that is going to affect my joints for Saturday’s run. My right ankle is pretty achy right now so I’ll have to baby it for the next couple of days.

No comments:

Statcounter