Friday, July 3, 2009

Feeling Naked

Please, no it’s not what you think. I try to keep this blog at least PG rated. The battery on my wristwatch died this evening so I had to take it off and now I feel as if I’m not fully dressed. Being a very time conscious person, not wearing a watch makes me feel somewhat naked. Since it’s getting late in the evening I couldn’t possibly find a watch repair shop that is still open. I’ve tried replacing the battery on one of these watches before but the electronic parts on them are so sensitive that it is very easy to mess it up, which I unfortunately did. Even if a watch repairman did it, there is no guarantee that the watch will perform exactly the way it used to, but at least the odds are greater that it might still work. In the meantime until I find an open repair shop tomorrow morning on the Fourth of July, I’m feeling a little underdressed. Perhaps I can find a strap to attach my cell phone to my wrist and use that as a watch instead. I wonder if there is a sports chronograph out there that doesn’t require a battery but just needs to be winded like the old watches? I feel that I always need to wear a watch because it is one of my bare necessities.

2 comments:

Nancy Deprez said...

It can be somewhat freeing to walk around naked. I mean, without a watch on. You know you can find a clock if you really need to!

Noel DLP said...

Yes, and a lot of people don't even wear watches anymore, they use their cell phones to check the time. I need my watch to check for pulse rates at work sometimes.

Statcounter