Sunday, October 4, 2009

A Little Bit of This and That Equals an Hour of Cardio

Thank goodness for foldable exercise equipment, otherwise I would be tripping all over them in the living room. I shouldn’t even call it a living room anymore because it looks more like an exercise torture chamber. I wonder where I can get second hand waterboarding equipment? Is that considered cardio? And does it fold?

Today, I couldn’t get started working out because I could not decide what to do. My left knee is hurting a bit and too much cycling makes it worse. Maybe a little bit of everything might help, so I unfolded the stairstepper and the rowing machine. Maybe ten minutes each on the stairstepper, recumbent bike, upright bike, and rowing machine, plus a twenty minute hill walk on the treadmill to round off an hour would do the trick. I ended up doing fifteen minutes on each of the machines except the treadmill so I still ended up finishing an hour. The hardest was the rowing machine because I haven’t used it since last year and ever since I was able to put the chain back on track, the tension has gotten tighter.

Today starts the last week of tapering before the marathon so I’m trying to save my legs as much as possible so I can make it to the starting line. The price of having overeaten at the baby shower yesterday is having to work out today on four different machines, but at least it didn’t make my knee pain any worse. That’s enough exercise for today.

No comments:

Statcounter