Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Confusing Bank

Or perhaps it’s the bank itself that’s confused. It seems that Bank of America doesn’t know what the right hand is doing from the left. Ever since they took over Countrywide Home Loans and Countrywide Bank, it has been difficult to log in to check your accounts online. If you go to their website, you may be able to sign in to your usual accounts, but if you try to log in using your username with Countrywide, you will have difficulty doing so if at all, even though Bank of America says you can. To get this corrected and have all my accounts consolidated in one place, I went to one of their brick and mortar branches. First I availed of a new service they had where you can set up an appointment online and show up at the bank at that time. Well the employees of the branch I went to were not even aware of their bank by appointment service. They had to ask me how it worked. To make matters worse, they couldn’t combine all my accounts in one place at the location. They gave me a toll free number to call. A little update for Sunday: I received an email from Bank of America saying how sorry they were that I missed my appointment. That’s what I’m saying – the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing.

When I got home, I called the toll free number. The first customer service representative I got after going through their elaborate telephone tree, asked the usual questions to verify my identity. Then after a few questions, he asked me to call the toll free number again because he couldn’t fully verify my identity. At least I didn’t get a call center in India. So I go through the same process until the phone was answered by another representative. Same questions verifying my identity were asked and after a few minutes she asked me to log in to my account and voila! All my Bank of America and Countrywide accounts were linked! I can’t understand why the brick and mortar branch and the other representative couldn’t do it and this one woman did it without any problems. God bless her! I complimented her for doing a very good job and told her to ask her boss for a raise. Thanks again Ashley, whoever and wherever you are! I put together my left and my right hand and applaud you for a job well done in helping me.

Public comments below, private comments may be emailed to: noelotp562@all2easy.net

No comments:

Statcounter