Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Google is Giving Me Money!

After picking up the mail on Monday, I noticed a postcard that came from Google. What could it possibly be? I remember “monetizing” my blog a few months ago and by that I mean that I gave Google permission to place advertising on it. When someone clicks on any of the ads, Google keeps track of it and I’m supposed to earn some money that way. I didn’t think very much about it since I don’t get much traffic on my blog site, and it takes a few thousand ad clicks before someone can really make money. After allowing Google to insert ads, I noticed that whatever topic I wrote about, new ads relating to that topic would appear on the page. I think they call this targeted advertising. A few that interested me, I clicked on. However, the Terms of Service discourage the practice of the writer of the blog clicking numerous times on the ads just to potentially earn more money. I don’t have the time or the inclination to click on ads all day just to get some money, so rest assured, Google, I haven’t violated your Terms of Service. Besides, I don’t have the technical knowledge to install an autoclick program.
So anyway, back to the postcard. It contained information on how I can activate the payment process, which included a PIN number. I logged on to the Google Adsense website, filled in some verification information, plus my checking account number where they can send me part of their billions. From the info on the website, I gathered that Google is going to start sending the money as soon as it reaches $100.
Having satisfied all the requirements, I checked to see how much I’ve earned so far, if any. After about six months of targeted advertising on my blog site, I finally hit paydirt! All $8.30 of it! Fist bump, high five, chest bump!!!
Ok folks, help me out here. Whoever visits my site please click on more of the ads so Google can give me more money. At the rate it’s been going the last six months, I’ll finally reach $100 in about six years! Lesser if you help with the clicking.

1 comment:

Noel DLP said...

Comments from Facebook:
Fides: Don't worry i will be clicking every minute of it
Extra cat: I love having rich friends....I'll check out the ads I like.
Sophie: Great post! I like learning ways to make moolah! Hey Noel, in 6 years, you can run a marathon for free!! Hahaha!
Me: In 6 years, marathons are going to cost more than that. I better find myself an 'autoclick' program.
Soraya: you kidding, $100 in 6 years??? dont worry will try to click all the adds .
Me: Thank you my friends, I could use every cent that Google gives me so maybe I can retire early (yeah right!)
Soraya: isn't it lovely to retire w/ a very special someone by your side? think it over!
Me: Applications accepted here.

Statcounter