Friday, February 26, 2010

Gone Mental For The Marathon



People who don’t run often ask me: “What? You have to pay to run 26 miles?!” Wouldn’t you know it but I did it again: paid $86.20 for another chance to take a tour of Long Beach on foot this coming October. What would possess a person to run marathons, do triathlons, or other feats of human endurance when all that is required to stay fit is 30 minutes a day of exercise? Sometimes I wonder about my mental health and if it’s a sane decision to run another marathon considering the condition of my ankles. I figured I was able to do it last year using the Galloway method for the first time, so I can probably try the same thing this year. Last year, I signed up for the half marathon and ended up switching to the full marathon. This year, I registered for the full marathon right away so I could commit myself mentally to training for it. Maybe I should be committed to a mental hospital instead. Nuff said.

Public comments below, private comments: E-mail Me!
Back to Main Page: http://noeldlp.blogspot.com

No comments:

Statcounter