Friday, February 12, 2010

Movies Watched In The Past Week

Hachiko: A Dog Story, The Hurt Locker, Avatar, & Passing Strange

Has anyone heard of or seen the movie – Hachiko: A Dog Story, with Richard Gere, or one of the Oscar nominees – The Hurt Locker? It’s one of the best realistic movies made that hardly anyone saw in the theaters as opposed to Avatar which just about everyone has seen. I can understand the popularity of Avatar. At first I thought it was only because of the special effects, but after watching it, it was not so much the effects that I liked but the story itself. The Hurt Locker was already out on the internet a couple of weeks before it opened in limited release in the U.S. theaters and probably because it was released early in Europe or Asia. You can tell by the Oscar nomination and the good reviews how outstanding this film is. Another must rent or buy if you were to ask me.

In the meantime, I didn’t know about Hachiko until last week. There isn’t much of as story for this one and it seems to have been made just to tug at your heartstrings. It’s based on a real life dog from Japan in the 1930’s which has been adapted for the present time and it’s a tearjerker of a film. If you have a chance to rent it, don’t forget the box of tissues to go with the popcorn and soda. I guess Richard Gere’s name didn’t draw too many people to the box office for this movie.

Another movie I enjoyed watching was directed by Spike Lee and the title is Passing Strange which is a musical. It is funny and emotional at times, but always with great music. The IMDB plot states: A young black artist leaves his Los Angeles digs and travels to Europe to find himself. A theatrical stage production of the original Broadway musical.

Well, as you can see, I’m not much of a movie reviewer but I just wanted to let you know what I’ve watched lately and how I felt about them.

Public comments below, private comments: E-mail Me!
Back to Main Page: http://noeldlp.blogspot.com

No comments:

Statcounter