Monday, January 5, 2009

Jolo Classmates Found (Originally written November 28, 2008)

November 28

Jolo Classmates Found

Hello my former classmates from Notre Dame of Jolo who happen to drop by this site and read my blog. A brief history: I was born in Jolo, Sulu, Philippines. Went to Notre Dame elementary and high school there, moved to Manila for college with a major in physical education, moved to the US and had been working as a mental health worker since then. I'll spare you the years so as not to reveal my age, hahaha! In the past month I found a blog of my former classmates who wrote about "our" high school reunion: http://joloano.blogspot.com/
This started my quest for former classmates to try to get in touch with them and share what has happened to us in the past several years since we had last seen each other. I was hoping that the internet would be able to help me with this quest. I believe that the unfortunate incident in Jolo ages ago is the reason why our class had broken up and ended up in different parts of the world and lost contact with each other. If not for that incident, a lot of us would probably still have visited Jolo one time or another for vacation. These are the people whom I have found so far: Edmund Lim (via his blog), Nayda Nour Uckung (via Skype by random search for: Jolo), Leonardo Wee (via Friendster), Joseph Llenado (courtesy of Leonard), and Tisa Tulawie Rodriguez (also courtesy of Leonard). I found someone else through her blog although she was a grade below us. Her name is Jasmine Amin-Jaya and this is her blog: http://dinazad.blogspot.com/
I started this blog to chronicle my running injury woes but now it is expanding to other things. Nobody else may read it besides myself but at least I'm putting into writing what my thoughts are before they fade from my memory.
If any other Joloanos find this blog, please leave me a message because I would like to hear more about my classmates and townmates. Thank you so much.

3 comments:

Nancy Deprez said...

I also like blogging because then I remember the stuff for myself.

Cool you are finding all these people!

Nancy Deprez said...

What is the "unfortunate incident?"

Noel DLP said...

The unfortunate incident was: the rebels attacked the town and burned it down so a lot of the populace had to evacuate and move to other cities or towns, some never to return again (like me and my family)

Statcounter