Monday, January 19, 2009

WII Weeeeeeee!!!!!!!


Well, I finally gave in. After having experienced playing the Nintendo WII at my relative's Christmas party last year, I finally bought one yesterday when it became available at a Target store near my home. It helped that I received a gift card from my cousin at Christmas, so that took care of the sales tax part of the purchase. Today, I hooked everything up, upgraded the software/firmware on the internet and loaded up the included WII Games. I put in the CD Disk, then...nothing.... I got an error message saying “unable to read disk”. I took the disk out, wiped it clean, then tried again. Still nothing. Finally picked up the instruction manual then went to Nintendo's website to look for error messages. Well, duh! I found out that I put in the disk wrong side up! Well, I got the thing working and tried a few games. Some of them like tennis and boxing were pretty strenuous. Being a former tennis player myself, I was swinging away as if I was really on a tennis court. Fast forward to just a few minutes ago (9:30 P.M.). The WII system gives frequent warnings about securing the remote control to your wrist and have enough space around you when playing games. I played tennis again and after a few sets I was playing pretty vigorously. After my computer opponent hit a very angled shot, I lunged for the ball and hit the floor lamp near my computer, which fell over and broke the light bulb. So there goes my first WII casualty. Still I pressed on and after a few minutes, my computer opponent hit a very strong serve and when I attempted to hit the ball, I almost fell head on against my TV set. Fortunately I managed to catch myself on the TV stand thereby avoiding casualty number two. I figured I better stop now before I do more damage to my living room. So here I am feeling hot and sweaty while I type this. I enjoyed the experience very much and thought I got a pretty good workout at the cost of one lightbulb. I never was a video game player, and still don't consider myself one, but I thoroughly enjoyed the interactiveness of this Nintendo WII System. I just hope I don't break anything else after tonight.

1 comment:

Nancy Deprez said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Be careful in there though!!!

Statcounter