Monday, January 5, 2009

Pre-teen crush (Originally written November 15, 2008)

November 15

Pre-teen crush

It was so very long ago. I knew her but she didn't know me. Our ways separated and I never saw her again until...
How do you handle a pre-teen crush that happened when we were in elementary school? Me in the sixth grade, and she in the fifth. So long ago in a far away place that is but a distant memory. I have always remembered her name in the back of my mind. I liked her name so much that I thought that if I ever have a daughter I would give her that name.
Then out of the blue I found her again. Thanks to the wonders of the internet, the world has shrunk with the help of bits, bytes, and packets of data travelling electronically. We had grown older and lived separate and contrasting lives and never the twain shall meet. My fantasy as a young boy never to be fulfilled. But I am not sad, for today I have gained a new friend.

2 comments:

Nancy Deprez said...

Does she live close? Do you think you will meet in person?

Noel DLP said...

Well, she is the the other girl on my blog list (hope she doesn't read this).

Statcounter