Monday, August 3, 2009

LarryDLP’s Last Days in Jolo

My brother wrote about our family’s personal experience when the Moro National Liberation Front attacked our town of Jolo, Sulu, Philippines in February of 1974. I was no longer there when it happened since I was in my freshman year at a university in another city. While I was reading his blog I went through what may have seemed like symptoms of post traumatic stress because he wrote so vividly about the incident that it felt like I was standing beside him as he was seeing and experiencing what was happening around him. Here is his story titled “Last Days in Jolo” : http://larrydlp.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Noel DLP said...

Comments from Facebook:

Jun: Anything but just casual thoughts, Larry. This is a very vivid account of those days. God bless you.

Nancy: Amazing story. Thank you for sharing.

Noel: @ Nancy - after reading about what my family had to go through on that fateful day, I had a hard time sleeping because the images kept running through my mind.

Statcounter