Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Possibility of Being Stranded

Last Saturday I seriously considered not going to the AREC run despite my decision to just walk. The alternative was to go around in a short loop several times in my neighborhood and in case my ankle started to hurt badly, I could just head back home without worsening it. Imagine being debilitated miles away from the finish but which doesn’t warrant calling 911. I always have my cell phone but not the taxi company’s phone number. I should save their number in case I need it and even put it on speed dial. Or I could call Todd (AREC president and training organizer) since I already have his number, but if he is in the middle of his run, it would take awhile for him to pick me up and besides I would hate the imposition. In case someone sees me on the side of the road unable to continue, here is the Long Beach Yellow Cab number: (562) 435-6111. Hmm, I thought of another alternative: thumb a ride.

No comments:

Statcounter