Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Summer Gloom


We’ve been having some strange summer weather lately. For about the past two weeks the mornings have been cool when it’s supposed to be sultry since it’s the middle of summer. Even the rest of the day has been mild. The environmentalists are probably blaming global warming already. Just yesterday I had to run with a long sleeved shirt at eight in the morning when the temperature was about 66 degrees Fahrenheit (18.8 Celsius), and the sun didn’t come out until after 11 o’clock. In a way, it’s good because it is easier to exercise in cooler weather. Besides we are saving money and electricity from not having to use the air conditioner. Just a few weeks ago, I was complaining of the heat and had to run the A/C a few hours in the afternoon. Well we won’t have to wait for the heat too long. The forecast for the next few days will be a gradual warming up.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Noel, this is certainly a very cold August. I ran on Monday evening and my hands were ice cold by the time I finished around 7pm. Today I will wear a long sleeved t-shirt! But you're right, we should enjoy this while it lasts.

Statcounter