Friday, August 28, 2009

My New Treadmill

Well, my new treadmill was finally delivered last Monday morning and the huge box is lying on my living room floor waiting to be assembled. When the shipping company arrived they told me they only did curbside delivery but I was able to appeal to their kindness and they rolled the dolly up the second floor with my help, the guy pulling from above and me lifting from below.

Then I saw that the treadmill needed more work on assembling it than I thought I could tackle. First the instructions said it was a two person operation, and second, I didn’t have all the necessary tools to do the job. Oh, well…

With the instruction manual came a flyer advertising an 800 number if you wanted a factory authorized service technician to assemble your product. After checking for pricing I decided to avail of their services. The damage was $169, the waiting for them to call to set an appointment, interminable. After all, the flyer said a technician will call within five business days and it’s only the fourth today. It seems like they are going to take their good old time until the last possible day to call. I could imagine them now slaving away going from house to house assembling exercise equipment all day long. I thought the most popular time for people to purchase exercise equipment was at the beginning of the year when they start their New Year’s resolutions to exercise more and/or lose weight. Based on how busy these service technicians seem to be in the middle of summer, apparently not.

In the meantime, I wait, because patience is a virtue.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hi Noel, did you ever hear back from the service technician? I hope he shows up sometime soon!

Noel DLP said...

I'm turning blue holding my breathe waiting for him to call. Very, very poor customer service!If anybody else reads this, his name is Aron of True Fitness based out of L.A. (323) 259-0310. I'll be checking with the BBB soon.

Noel DLP said...

The technician called 10 minutes after I posted the comment above, so an appointment was made for Wednesday morning between 10-11 to assemble the treadmill. I'll be coming off work so no sleep that day again.

Unknown said...

That's good news about the tech finally calling you back. Sorry you will miss sleep again.

Statcounter