Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Flash Mob At Ralph’s

There was an 8 hour sale at Ralph’s grocery store last Friday from 1 to 9 P.M. Just before it started, two checkstands were open with hardly anyone in line, but as soon as the clock struck one, as if a flash mob had suddenly appeared and the lines soon filled up that they had to open more checkstands. The customers must have picked up the sale items and at exactly 1 o’clock the rush was on to the cashiers because I’m sure the cash registers were programmed to give the discounted price at that time. One Asian lady picked up the wrong sized cereal boxes (they were a dollar each on sale), had to be given her money back, argued with the cashier, and delayed the line I was on. I can’t be upset at her because I’ve picked the wrong product before and I’m sure the people behind me at the time were also got impatient with me. I’m only writing about this because it was a strange sight. No lines to long lines in a flash. Is this what happens when there’s a sale at Macy’s or Nordstrom’s too? Well maybe this wasn’t so strange after all because it happens at all stores every year during Black Friday.

Public comments below, private comments: E-mail Me!
Back to Main Page: http://noeldlp.blogspot.com

No comments:

Statcounter