Monday, April 12, 2010

Resisting The Temptation


It was so tempting to go out and run last Saturday morning even though I cancelled my 12 mile appointment with Cyndi. Just to go out and do a slow and easy Galloway run would have satisfied my cravings. Still being in pain however, I managed to hold myself back and did the elliptical trainer and a treadmill hill walk instead.
 To think that I already had the warning signs of impending injury in the two weeks preceding, I still persisted on trying to improve my pace and distance. Now I have to keep myself in check to give my tendons a chance to rebuild, recuperate and recover. I can’t say that I didn’t expect this to happen. Looking back to previous blog posts and the past years’ training logs, whenever I approached 10 to 12 miles of running without walk breaks, my ankle tendons suffer. With this type of injury, you can only hope it will not happen too often or too soon between recoveries. Like I mentioned before, I’m learning about my breaking point.
 In the meantime, I’ve been working out on the elliptical machine, recumbent bike, and upright bike and so far have managed to keep my weight steady. That’s it for the non-running part of my week. Four days and counting but the temptation to hit the road keeps on beckoning like the forbidden fruit of Eden.

Public comments below, private comments: E-mail Me!
Back to Main Page: http://noeldlp.blogspot.com

No comments:

Statcounter